Introducing the Goulburn River Fun Run and Run 4 GV Kids 2KM. This is a new event created especially for runners who have continued to train or who took up running due to COVID restrictions. It was born out of the frustration of event cancellations due to COVID-19 and the passion for giving runners the opportunity to part in a new challenge and run for REAL!
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE MADE ONLINE. ENTER HERE
VIEW OUR ATHLETES GUIDE & COVID INFORMATION HERE
2021 Event Schedule:
Saturday 6 March 2021
RUN 4 GV KIDS 2KM – supported by Mr D’s
Entry fee: $5. This event is for Primary aged kids 5 – 12 years. Due to COVID Safe guidelines each child can only be accompanied by one support person/parent/carer.
The entry fee for the 2Km kids run will be donated directly to GV Health Foundation for the GV Health Kids Ward. Additional donations are welcome and can be made via the registration system at the time of entering.
Online entries close on Saturday 6 March at 3pm. All entrants must collect a wrist band and hand in a COVID Affirmation Form at event registration at the Victoria Park Lake event venue from 3pm to 3:45pm
Event briefing: 3:50pm at the start line Event start time: 4:00pm
Each child who participates will receive any icy cold Mr D’s cola courtesy of Mr D’s.
Sunday 7 March 2021
All entries must be made online. Entries close Saturday 6 March at 6pm. NO on day registrations
The Athlete’s Foot Shepparton 21km event @ 7AM
Arrive at the start line for self-seeding wave starts 6:45am. Race briefing at 6:55am. Race time: 7:00am
Entry fee: Hump Day Sale $50, Standard $60, Last Minute $70.
Mint Digital 7km run/walk @ 7:30AM
Arrive at the start line for self-seeding wave starts 7:15am Race briefing at 7:25am. Race time: 7:30am
Entry fee: Hump Day Sale $25, Standard $35, Last Minute $45
The Furphy 14km run @ 8AM
Arrive at the start line for self-seeding wave starts 7:15am. Race briefing at 7:25am. Race time: 7:30am
Entry fee: Hump Day Sale $40, Standard $50, Last Minute $60
2021 Price Periods: Hump Day Sale 10 – 11 February, Standard 12 February – 4 March Last Minute 5 – 6 March @ 6pm
Race Bib Collection
All entrants must collect a race bib to participate. In order to collect your event bib you must completely fill in and sign, this COVID Affirmation Form (click here). Please print out, complete and bring to the event to hand over to the registration team when collecting your bib. You will not be able to collect your bib without fully completing and signing a COVID affirmation form.
Registration and bib collection times are, Saturday 6 March, between 2pm and 6pm and Sunday 7 March between 6am and 6:45am.
Due to COVID restrictions we encourage you to pick up your race bib on Saturday to avoid large gatherings at registration on Sunday morning.
Q: Can I pick up a race bib for my partner or friend?
A: Yes, as long as you have their registration number or proof of their request AND a fully completed and signed COVID affirmation form for all entrants you are collecting bibs for. See link above.
All 21KM event entrants MUST collect their race bib before 6:45am on Sunday.
Q: Will race bibs be mailed out.
A: No, sorry we are unable to provide this service this time around.
If you choose to collect a pre-paid bib on the morning of the event, please ensure that you arrive within the designated time frame and allow plenty of time to collect and get ready for your race start as collection times will be strictly adhered to.
A supply of COVID Affirmation Forms will be available at the registration tent for those who cannot print and complete beforehand.
Event Registration Terms & Conditions:
- 2KM race entries are non-refundable – this entry fee is a charitable donation
- Cancellation prior to 1 March 2021 will incur a $8 administration fee
- No Refunds will be payable after 1 March 2021
- If you are forced to cancel due to Coronavirus symptoms please send us an email
- The event will not be cancelled it will be rescheduled – date to be determined
Event changes or transfers:
- To avoid cancellation fees, we will allow entry transfers to another person before 4 March 2021
- If the event is cancelled by the event organisers due to unforeseen circumstances all entrants will be offered a refund less a $5 administration fee
- Event Transfers to a longer distance will require payment of the difference of entry fee at the time of transfer and must transferred before race day
- Event Transfer to a shorter distance before 1 March will incur a cancellation fee as per the cancellation policy. A administration fee of $5 will be applied and any residual amount will be refunded
- Event Transfer to a shorter distance as at 4 March 2021 will not receive a refund of the difference
- Entry transfer to another person for the same distance is on application only basis must be made before 4 March 2021
- Entry updates or changes, including personal information, medical updates, new email address, or decision to make a donation can be managed by yourself. Simply click on the link provided on event confirmation, make changes and don’t forget to SAVE
- For entry or event transfers please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our email is attended to on a part time basis therefore your request could take up to 3 working days. It will be checked more frequently on race week
Course, Aid Stations, Toilets – Maps
The course is a 7km loop course. The 14km and 21km races will complete a 2nd and 3rd lap respectively.
Aid stations are position every 3.5kms with an additional aid station at the finish line. Aid stations will have WATER ONLY. You will need to carry your own flavoured hydration, gels or supplements.
There are sufficient toilets at the event venue and also portable toilets at the turn around point aid station 3.5km’s from the event venue. Each aid station will have a small amount of first aid supplies. eg band aids etc. Qualified First Aiders will be located at the event venue.
Timing and Results
The Goulburn River Fun Run distances 7km, 14km and 21km will be professional timed using Tomato Timing. Results will be posted on the Tomato Timing Website post event on Sunday as soon as they become available.
Website link http://tomatotiming.racetecresults.com
Please utilise the QR codes around the venue to “sign in” to the event. Every person who enters the event zone needs to register using the QR code system.
Please utilise the hand sanitiser stations around the venue.
All participants (including kids run) must complete and hand in the COVID Affirmation Form to event registration
All runners are encouraged to arrive, run and leave
It is compulsory for all runners to carry a mask at all times, at the event venue and during the race.
All supporters must carry a mask and wear a mask if social distancing can not be applied
All runners are encouraged to carry their own race hydration, gels, lollies, supplements etc
Drink stations will only have water available
Runners must physical distance when approaching the aid station – please refer to the Aid Station section above
All runners must place their drink cup and/or any rubbish in bins provided at the aid stations
Our volunteers are valuable to our event please treat them with respect and courtesy
THERE IS MORE DETAIL IN OUR ATHLETE GUIDE.
This will be available shortly. We will also post a link to our Athlete Guide in our Mailchimp News and on our Facebook Page
If you need to contact us please send us an email to: email@example.com