RACE DIRECTOR NEWS – Limited spots available, enter now.
We are excited to say that the 2021 Campbell’s Shepparton Running Festival can proceed according to the latest CovidSafe Guidelines set out by the DHHS as of 9 August 2021.
There have been no new Coronavirus cases in Regional Victoria therefore Victoria’s CHO has advised that Regional Victorian lockdown will lift from 11:59pm, Monday 9 August 2021.
Here is our current plan.
Plan A, our event will proceed on Saturday 21 and Sunday 22 August, as per the latest Victorian State Government guidelines.
- Regional Victorians can participate in our event
- Melbourne residents are still under lockdown restrictions until further notice
- NSW, ACT residents are still subject to border closures to Victoria and have been emailed
- SA and QLD residents are required to apply for a permit according to their zone or contact us to discuss options
We still have limited spots left in all event distances and we encourage anyone who resides in Regional Victoria to enter as soon as possible to secure their spot.
Plan B, lockdown restrictions ease for Melbourne residents and they are also able to attend on 21 and 22 August. If these restrictions have not eased by Wednesday 18 August, we will provide a further update for Melbourne runners.
Plan C, we have a backup event date of Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 August. This was our fallback position due to inclement weather, but this could be implemented if COVID-19 prevents us from preceding on 21 and 22 August. Plan C will only be implemented if we cannot proceed on the original weekend. The event management team will consider and implement as required based on information to hand as of Wednesday 18 August 2021.
If you are considering cancelling, please review our cancellation conditions here:
To protect our own community, you are not permitted to travel to Shepparton
- If you have COVID-19 or have any COVID-19 symptoms
- If you have been to an exposure site listed on the Victorian Coronavirus website https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/exposure-sites
- If you have been deemed a close contact of a confirmed COVID-19 case by any health authority
Event day instructions:
- All entrants will be instructed to “Arrive, Run, Recover and Leave”
- All runners MUST check-in at the event site using the QR code, wear masks before race start (unless they have a special mask exemption) and socially distance
- No supporters are allowed to gather at the event site however, they can position themselves on the course to cheer on participants
- Supporters cannot gather in groups larger than 10
- Wearing masks outdoors is mandatory as per the DHHS CovidSafe Guidelines
If Melbourne is still under a current lockdown, staff from our event and local businesses, cafes, restaurants will be checking ID’s of everyone on arrival/entry and all entrants and visitors must check-in using the appropriate QR Code. It will be a priority to protect our community.
Further updates will be provided as information changes or by Wednesday 18 August 2021.
If you have any queries, you can send a DM via social media or an email to email@example.com. We are doing our best to answer all queries in a timely manner but we do ask for your patience.
Steve Ayton, Race Director